This cross-curricular resource is designed to be used by teachers of young people aged 7–14. Activities involving discussion, research, a quiz and a design-based competition introduce young people to the exhilarating and rewarding world of snowsports.
You can download our resources below; if you are a teacher, the Activity and Competition Pack has teacher notes to support the learning.
The Competition document is suitable for any participation wishing to get involved with our national competition with a chance to win some great snowsport prizes including a free taster session for a class of 30 children at a slope near you + more!
Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition is run by Snowsport England and is supported by our partners outlined in the resource pack.
- Competition is open to participants at primary school age and older. Entrants limited to England, Scotland and Wales only. Any entrants under the age of 18 must have their entry signed by responsible parent / guardian over the age of 18 years old.
- Entry for the competition closes on the 6th April 2020. Any entrants received after the 6th April 2020 will not be judged or counted. Winners will be contacted once all entries have been judged.
- To enter, you simply need to complete the design sheet and fill in all the details before sending it to either firstname.lastname@example.org or posting to Luke Williams, Snowsport England, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF. Only one entry per person is valid. Similarly, entrants can get parents or guardian over the age of 18 to send photos of entries (without address / any personal information visible) to Snowsport England social media pages.
- If you win the top prize of a free taster session for 30 members of your class, the competition will cover the cost of the sessions but the winner must cover the cost of other expenses including travel- unless stated otherwise by a member of Snowsport England staff.
- Snowsport England will not share any personal details received with any external partners and will only use that information to be able to contact the winning entry/entries.