Freya followed her brother, and fellow GO SKI GO BOARD ambassador Ollie into the world of ski racing in the winter of 2007 after hearing about it from their Ski School instructor. We asked her a few questions...
Hometown: Leamington Spa
Discipline: Alpine Ski Racing
1) How and where did you get into snowsports?
I first got into snowsports through ski school lessons on a holiday to Tremblant in Canada.
2) What do you love about skiing and snowboarding?
Being on the mountains every day and the buzz of ski racing!
3) Where is the best place that skiing or snowboarding has taken you to and why?
The most interesting place for me was South America for training last summer – somewhere I didn't think I'd ever go!
4) What are your plans and goals for the upcoming year? (Where are you competing, being an ambassador, goals you are working towards etc.)
- Training & competing in Austria, Italy, France & Switzerland
- Being an ambassador at school ski races around England and spreading the word
- Working to improve my FIS racing points and remain on the a National Squad athlete
5) Finally…what advice would you give to someone trying skiing or snowboarding for the first time?"
Have fun! Don't give up when you fall all the time at first!